Carers, aged 18 or over, who provide care for a Hackney resident, of any age, can apply for a Hackney carer's card and sign up for the carers' register. A carer is someone who provides regular, unpaid help to a relative or friend who is frail, disabled or suffers from an illness. Carers have told us that they would like a carers' register so that we can better keep in touch, so we have now launched the carers register.
What are the benefits?
You'll be able to receive discounts on goods in some Hackney retailers and also leisure centres and alternative therapists. 50 local retailers are participating in the scheme including pharmacies, a florist, cafes and restaurant, the Rio Cinema, opticians, jewellers and many more.
You'll also be able to take advantage of concessionary rates at participating Hackney leisure centres. Leisure centre staff will register you as a 'Wellness member'.
We'll also send you the carers information pack, which containing information about services and support available, and we will send you quarterly updates and information, including:
- updates about developments to services and support for carers
- invitations to work with us to plan new services
- invitations to events including the annual carers conference and carers week
- and anything else that we think may be of interest to you
We use the carers' register to help to improve services for you. For example, the register will help us to find out how many people are caring for Hackney residents. Your details will be kept confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- carers' register and Hackney carer's card application form [pdf, 204.5Kb]
- carers' register and Hackney carer's card application form for parent carers [pdf, 109.55Kb]
Before you return the form please:
- complete the professional verification box which should be verified by a district nurse, CPN, social worker, care manager, your GP, occupational therapist or voluntary organisation manager
- enclose two passport size photographs
- sign the application form - it needs to be signed by you and the person you care for (if they are able to sign it)
Renew your carer's card
To renew your carer's card, please:
- complete the carers' card renewal form [doc, 42Kb] including your issue number on your card
- return the form with two passport photos of yourself with your name on the back please to the above address
Alternatively, you can return your expired card so your photo can be re-used.