Burial and Grave Register
London Borough of Hackney does not keep a central register of deaths and cremations for the borough. This type of information is kept by individual cemeteries, such as:
- Abney Park Cemetery, Stoke Newington High Street, N16 5TU. Phone: 020 7275 7557.
- The East London Cemetery, 230 Grange Road, E13 0HB. Phone: 020 7476 5109.
- Manor Park Cemetery, Sebert Road E7 0NP. Phone: 020 8534 1486.
- City of London Cemetery, Aldersbrook Road E12 5DQ. Phone: 020 8530 2151.
- Woodgrange Park Cemetery, Romford Road E7 8AF. Phone: 020 8471 3433.
- West Ham Cemetery, Cemetery Road, E7 9DG. Phone: 020 8534 1566.
- Tower Hamlets Cemetery (Bow), Southern Grove, E3 4PX.
- St Patrick Cemetery (RC), Langthorne Road E11 4HL. Phone: 020 8539 2451.
- Chingford Mount Cemetery, 121 Old Church Road, E4 6ST. Phone: 020 8524 5030.
- Walthamstow Cemetery, Queens Road E17. Phone: 020 8524 5030.
You may find the below website useful if you are searching for particular details of deaths and cremations:
- Find a Grave lets you search for people by location, birth date or death date.
Some data from 1840-1978 relating to deaths in the borough is held at Hackney Archives. You can contact Hackney Archives using the details at the top-right corner of this page.
Page updated: 29 Sep 2010