Apply for membership
Membership is free and anyone can join - you do not have to be a Hackney resident.Apply now
Once you have applied, go to any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
What can I find at the library?
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- Large print books and talking books
- Children's library service
- Foreign language books and audio-visual material
- Parents' and carers' collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- Language courses
- Self-service machines
- Online information resources
- Free computer access and basic computer coaching
- Free Wi-Fi for library members
- Printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- Reading area
- Study area
- Private study area
- Meeting room for hire
- Quiet reading areas
- Teen Zone
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.Book a computer
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adult: 1 hour, child: 30 mins. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Basic familiarisation sessions are available. Advance booking is required, please ask staff.
What is the cost for printing and scanning?
Black and white = 10p, colour = 50p
What's on at Clapton Library
Room for hire for meetings and events
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all booking enquiries.
Meeting room - Capacity: 25 standing (without tables) 15 seated (with tables)
- First floor room, with black out blinds and carpet flooring.
- Kitchen facilities/appliances: Kettle, fridge, sink (hot and cold water).
- Flip Chart, pens and paper are available on request for an additional charge.
- Free public Wi-Fi with library membership card.
- No additional services or equipment available other than those listed.
- Wheelchair access
- Lift to the first floor
Page updated: 29 Sep 2015