Britannia Leisure Centre
Britannia Leisure Centre is located in Shoreditch and boasts a wide range of facilities, including a gym, a swimming pool and a 5-a-side football pitch. The centre is operated by a charity social enterprise, Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL).
Below you will find information about its location, opening hours, facilities, accessiblity and what's new at the centre. For membership information, please see our leisure centre membership page.
- Gym / Fitness centre
- Climbing wall
- Sports hall
- Swimming pool
- Leisure pool with slide and wave machine
- Health suite (sauna and steam)
- Aromatherapy room
- Outdoor tennis
- 5-a-side football
- Netball courts
- Group exercise studio
- Squash court
- Women-only sessions
- Facilities for children's parties
- Pool hoist
- Disabled toilet
- Disabled parking
- Disabled changing facilities
- Disabled activities
- Ramp access
- Wheelchair access to poolside facilities
After-stroke exercise programme
Fit for Health is an exercise programme to help sufferers of a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA), and it's now available at Britannia Leisure Centre. The programme aims to improve clients' weight loss, blood pressure, blood sugar control, strength, stamina, flexibility, balance and happiness. Find out more about the Fit for Health programme.
Free swimming in Hackney
Under 18s, over 60s, disabled people and their carers can swim for free across the borough, all year round. For more information please visit Better - Britannia Leisure Centre.
More information about Britannia Leisure Centre
- For more information on facilities, courses, cost and membership please contact us using the details on the right or visit Better - Britannia Leisure Centre.
- You can also download a guide to Hackney's Leisure Centres (PDF, 4MB).
Page updated: 5 Jan 2015