Britannia Leisure Centre
Britannia Leisure Centre is located in Shoreditch and boasts a wide range of facilities, including a gym, a swimming pool and a 5-a-side football pitch. The centre is operated by a charity social enterprise, Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL).
Below you will find information about its location, opening hours, facilities, accessiblity and what's new at the centre. For membership information, please see our leisure centre membership page.
- Monday to Friday: 7am to 10pm
- Saturday: 8am to 8pm
- Sunday: 8am to 8pm
These are also the opening times of the Fitness Centre. For opening times of other facilities at the centre, please visit the Britannia Leisure Centre homepage on the Better website.
- Gym / Fitness centre
- Climbing wall
- Sports hall
- Swimming pool
- Leisure pool with slide and wave machine
- Health suite (sauna and steam)
- Aromatherapy room
- Outdoor tennis
- 5-a-side football
- Netball courts
- Group exercise studio
- Squash court
- Women-only sessions
- Facilities for children's parties
- Pool hoist
- Disabled toilet
- Disabled parking
- Disabled changing facilities
- Disabled activities
- Ramp access
- Wheelchair access to poolside facilities
After-stroke exercise programme
Fit for Health is an exercise programme to help sufferers of a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA), and it's now available at Britannia Leisure Centre. The programme aims to improve clients' weight loss, blood pressure, blood sugar control, strength, stamina, flexibility, balance and happiness. Find out more about the Fit for Health programme.
Free swimming for disabled people and their carers and under 18s and over 60s
Free swimming is available for disabled people and their carers and also for under 18s and over 60s. Please see the Better website for more information.
More information about Britannia Leisure Centre
- For more information on facilities, courses, cost and membership please contact us using the details on the right or visit the Better website.
- You can also download a guide to Hackney's Leisure Centres (PDF, 4MB).
Page updated: 2 Jan 2014