Dalston CLR James Library
Apply for membership
Membership is free and anyone can join - you do not have to be a Hackney resident.Apply now
Once you have applied, go to any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
What can I find at the library?
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- Large print books and talking books
- Children's library service
- Foreign language books and audio-visual material
- Parents' and carers' collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- Language courses
- Self-service machines
- Online information resources
- Free computer access and basic computer coaching
- Free Wi-Fi for library members
- Printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- Reading area
- Study area
- Meeting room for hire
- Teen Zone
- Quick picks area
The library cafe is now closed for refurbishment. It will open again in January 2016 under new management.
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.Book a computer
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adult: 1 hour, child: 30 mins. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Basic familiarisation sessions are available. Advance booking is required, please ask staff.
What is the cost for printing and scanning?
Black and white = 10p, colour = 50p
What's on at Dalston Library
Rooms for hire for meetings and events
Please contact email@example.com for all booking enquiries.
- Capacity: 35 standing (without tables) or 20 sitting (with tables)
- The room is on the second floor of the library. It has lino flooring, blackout curtains and a small kitchenette.
- Kitchen facilities/appliances: Fridge, kettle, sink (hot & cold water).
- Projector/ connections (VGA, AV) and stereo audio
- Free public Wi-Fi with library membership card.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment is compatible and you are familiar with the operation of the equipment as no technical support or equipment is provided by the library service or staff on site.
- No additional services or equipment available other than those listed.
- Wheelchair access
- Lift to the first floor
- Toilets with disabled access
- Parking for blue badge holders nearby
Page updated: 15 Dec 2015