Hackney Design Awards 2014
We are delighted to announce the programme for the 2014 Design Awards. The awards celebrate great design in architecture, urban design and landscape architecture in Hackney.
Nominations for the 2014 awards open on 2 June.
Everyone is encouraged to nominate any project they feel represents good quality design and sustainable development in Hackney.
Previous award winners can be viewed on the pages to the left, or below if you're viewing on a mobile.
How to enter (nominations do not open until 2 June)
- Complete the Design Awards e-form (available 2 June). Please note up to 5 images can be sent with the e-form and each of these must be less than 1MB per image. If you experience problems with the e-form, you can email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print, complete and post a Nomination Form (available 2 June) and post to Freepost RSLH-ARTC-GXRA, Hackney Design Awards 2014, Planning and Regulatory Services, Conservation Urban Design and Sustainability Team, 3rd Floor, 2 Hillman Street, London, E8 1FB. No stamp is required.
The closing date for nominations is 5pm Monday 7 July 2014.
What can be nominated?
The nomination must:
- be in the London Borough of Hackney,
- have been completed no earlier than 1 August 2012 and be fully functioning by 4 July 2014.
Entries for the following types of public or private development are encouraged:
- new residential, commercial, community, educational, infrastructure or industrial buildings
- alterations to existing buildings including extensions, refurbishment, conversions or restoration
- parks, gardens, pedestrian or play / recreational areas that include structure design elements.
See the Nomination Pack (available 2 June) for more information including:
- what needs to be considered when making a nomination
- what happens after you make a nomination
- the People's Choice Awards.
Design Awards Programme for 2014
Nominations open Monday 2 June.
Nominations close 5pm Monday 7 July.
Shortlisting of nominations by judging panel.
Judging panel site visits and adjudicates.
People's Choice award voting opens.
People's Choice award voting closes early October.
People's Choice Award 2014
This is your chance to judge and vote for your favourite from the shortlisted entries.
Based on your votes, the winner of the People's Choice Award will be announced at the awards ceremony on the evening in October 2014.
We request entries to consider the following:
- Quality - it is of the highest quality in terms of its design, materials used or construction and is an excelent example of its kind
- Visual amenity - makes a positive visual contribution to its location
- Innovation - is an original response to design, construction or environmental constraints, or uses pioneering building techniques
- Sustainability - incorporates design, construction, infrastructure, management, landscape, natural or other mechanisms/processes.
If you require further information or a copy of the nominations pack, please contact email@example.com.
Page updated: 23 Apr 2014