Tell us what you think about our site...


Parking fines (penalty charge notices)

We use civil enforcement officers (CEOs) and CCTV to issue penalty charge notices (PCNs), commonly known as parking fines.

If you receive a PCN, don't ignore it. You have the option to either pay it or dispute it. 

Pay your PCN

Pay your PCN


Please ensure you're running the latest version of your browser. If you're running Internet Explorer 9 (or below), you may need to update your settings.

Other ways to pay your PCN   

Dispute your PCN

You can only dispute a PCN for specific reasons or grounds. When we receive a challenge or representation we will put your case on hold until we make a decision.  

There are three ways to dispute a PCN depending on the type of PCN and the stage in the process. Make sure you know where you are.

The dispute system requires Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to work correctly. Other browsers may encounter problems. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dispute your PCN


Please do not send representations to, as this address is for general enquiries only.

Other ways to dispute your PCN  

You can also 

Other ways to pay your PCN  

By post

By completing the payment slip attached to the PCN, enclosing a cheque or postal order payable to 'London Borough of Hackney' and send to London Borough of Hackney, P.O. Box 39055, London E8 1WT

By phone

On automated payment line 020 8356 5050 or call Hackney Contact  Centre on 020 8356 8877. 

In person

At Cashiers Office, 2 Hillman Street, London, E8 1FB.

Ways to dispute your PCN

Informal challenge

You have up to 28 days to make an informal challenge after receiving a PCN issued by CEO or for a CCTV bus lane PCN.

Formal representation

If you do not pay or challenge your PCN within the first 28 days, for a PCN issued by CEO we will send you a 'Notice to Owner' or for a CCTV bus lane PCN we will send you an 'Enforcement Notice'. These will give you the option to either pay the PCN or make a formal representation. 

For a parking PCN issued by CCTV or for a moving traffic PCN issued by CCTV you can make a formal representation straight after the PCN is issued.

Parking appeal

If we reject your formal representation, you can make an appeal to the London Tribunals, Environmental and Traffic Adjudicators (ETA)

The ETA replaces the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service (PATAS).

Other ways to dispute your PCN  

We can only accept parking disputes in writing, we cannot take parking disputes over the telephone. 

By post

By writing a letter to London Borough of Hackney P.O. Box 39055, London E8 1WT. Please provide as much detail as possible, include your PCN number, vehicle registration number and contact address, also enclose copies of all supporting evidence.  

In person

At the Cashiers Office, 2 Hillman Street, London, E8 1FB please bring all supporting evidence. You will also need to submit your appeal or representation in writing we cannot resolve PCN disputes while you wait.  

We will reply to all PCN disputes in writing.

Back to top

Page updated: 27 Aug 2015 

Share this page

Share |

Contact details

Parking Services
Opening Times
for phone enquiries: Mon to Fri: 8am - 8pm and Sat: 9am - 1pm.
Post: Parking Services, PO Box address PO Box 39055, London, E8 1WT (for PCN enquiries only).

To dispute a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) electronically
visit the PCN web page. The email address shown is for enquiries only.
Automated Payment Line 020 8356 5050 (24 Hours).
Tel:020 8356 8877 (Parking Helpline)