Resident parking permits
The way we charge for parking is changing as part of a drive to reduce pollution in the borough. Our parking permit price calculator shows you what you will pay with CO2 emissions-based charging.
Renew your permit
Permits are available for three, six or twelve months.
You will need:
- your existing permit number
- vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
Before you start
If your address or vehicle has changed since you last applied see change of vehicle or address details.
Please renew at least a week before your permit expires to guarantee receiving your new permit on time. You can renew up to 6 weeks before your current permit runs out.
The ordering system requires Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to work correctly. Other browsers may encounter problems. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.Renew your permit
You can also renew by post.
Applying for the first time?
You will need scanned copies or photos of your supporting documents for:
- proof of address and
- vehicle registration certificate V5C logbook page 2
You can upload your supporting documents in PDF, JPEG / JPG and BMP files. The maximum file size is 5MB.
Before you start
- Please read the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions before applying.
- download the parking permits price list (PDF, 141KB).
If you buy a resident parking permit for three months you will have to resubmit supporting documents every time you renew your permit.Apply for a permit
You can also apply by post.
- Your entitlement to a permit
- How to use your permit
- Where you can use the permit
- Supporting documents
- Lost /stolen /damaged permits
- Permit costs and refunds
- Proof of fuel type
- Change of vehicle
- Change of address
- Solo, two-wheeled motorcycle / moped parking
If your application is completed correctly, we email you payment instructions. After payment we will process and deliver your permit:
- for renewals this will typically take 1 to 3 working days (subject to the volume of permit applications we receive and process).
- for change of address or vehicle renewals this will typically take 3 working days.
- for first time applications this will typically take 2 to 5 working days.
If your application is not successful, we will contact you to explain why, and what you need to do to help us process it.
Renew or apply by post
- Download and complete the resident parking permit application form (PDF) and send to our freepost address.
- For a new application enclose copies of supporting documents for proof of address and vehicle ownership.
- For renewal enclose a copy of your existing permit.
- Pay by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card. Please don't send cash.
Please allow at least 10 working days before your permit expires so your new permit can be processed and sent out to you in time.
Page updated: 2 Jan 2016