Give or take days are a great way of getting rid of items that you don't need, and taking items you do. Simply turn up on the day with items that you want to give, or come along and take what you need. You don't have to give something to take something. They're like jumble sales without money.
Repair and Re-use Day
The annual Repair and Re-use Day takes place in London Fields on Saturday 24 June 11am-3pm.
The free event includes four areas where you can re-use or repair items:
- Hackney Fixers - slow laptop? Faulty printer? Smartphone misbehaving? Come and learn how to fix your stuff (and get it repaired free of charge)
- Give or Take day - get rid of your unwanted items and pick up something you do need for free; you don't have to give to take and you don't have to take to give
- Textile workshop - Barley Massey from Fabrications will be on hand to help revive or reinvent your wardrobe
- Dr Bike - free bicycle checks and minor repairs by qualified mechanics
Find out about future events
Sign up to our mailing list or follow Greener Hackney on social media:
What can I give or take?
You can give or take just about anything:
- garden and household items
- small electrical items.
No large electric items like fridges or washing machines can be accepted. All small electrical goods will be safety tested on the day.