The Hackney Wick area action plan plays a central role in the regeneration of Hackney Wick. It provides a coherent strategy for guiding development and investment, and seeks to influence the direction of and maximise the benefits from the 2012 Olympic and Paralympics Games and their legacy for the wider Wick neighbourhood, half of which sits within the Olympic Park itself.
If you have any questions or would like copies of any of the documents please phone 020 8356 7743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current stage - adoption of the Hackney Wick area action plan
The final version of the Hackney Wick area action plan was approved by Cabinet on 10 September and Council on 19 September for formal adoption under Section 23 (Adoption of local development documents) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
We would like to thank everyone who engaged in the various rounds of public consultation and in the examination in public.
- Hackney Wick area action plan [pdf, 12.26Mb]
- sustainability appraisal [pdf, 493.06Kb]
- HWAAP adoption statement [pdf, 17.39Kb]
- inspector's final report [pdf, 149.48Kb]
- HWAAP equality impact assessment [pdf, 454.79Kb]
- HWAAP habitat regulations [pdf, 367.13Kb]
Supporting information for the Hackney Wick area action plan
The majority of supporting documents and evidence used to inform the AAP can be found on the LDF evidence page.
The remaining background supporting material such as the baseline reports (April 2008 and October 2008) are included below.
- LBH - Urban (housing) capacity study (Entec) - August 2005 [pdf, 1.47Mb]
- LBH - Hackney employment growth options study - March 2006 [pdf, 91.81Kb]
- LBH - Hackney open space and sports assessment
- LBH - Hackney open space and sports assessment volume 1 and 2 figures
- LBH - Hackney unitary development plan - June 1995 [pdf, 1.4Mb]
- Mayor of London - London plan
Planning arrangements for Hackney Wick
The London Legacy Development Corporation (public sector organisation established by the Mayor or London) is the local planning authority for an area in East London which includes Hackney Wick.