Hackney Wick area action plan
The Hackney Wick area action plan plays a central role in the regeneration of Hackney Wick. It provides a coherent strategy for guiding development and investment, and seeks to influence the direction of and maximise the benefits from the 2012 Olympic and Paralympics Games and their legacy for the wider Wick neighbourhood, half of which sits within the Olympic Park itself.
If you have any questions or would like copies of any of the documents please phone 020 8356 7743 or email email@example.com
- Hackney Wick area action plan (PDF, 12MB)
- Sustainability appraisal (PDF, 500KB)
- Adoption statement (PDF, 18KB)
- Inspector's final report (PDF, 145KB)
- Equality impact assessment (PDF, 454KB)
- Habitat regulations (PDF, 367KB)
The final version of the Hackney Wick area action plan was approved by Cabinet on 10 September and Council on 19 September for formal adoption under Section 23 (Adoption of local development documents) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
We would like to thank everyone who engaged in the various rounds of public consultation and in the examination in public.
Download the final documents above or view printed copies from 9am to 5pm at:
- Cre8 at Hackney Wick Community Centre, 80 Eastway, E9 5JH
- Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, E8 1DY
- Hackney Town Hall, Mare Street
- Any of Hackney's libraries
- On request by contacting us - 020 8356 7743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New planning arrangements for Hackney Wick
From 1 October 2012, the London Legacy Development Corporation (public sector organisation established by the Mayor or London) will become the local planning authority for an area in East London which includes Hackney Wick.
They will take on the full range of planning powers including plan making as well as the determination of planning applications.
All relevant planning policy documents adopted by the London Borough of Hackney (including the Hackney Wick area action plan) before 1 October 2012 continue to be part of the relevant planning policy for the London Legacy Development Corporation area until it has adopted its own local plan.
All Hackney planning policies not pertaining to the Hackney Wick area will operate as normal and will remain the responsibility of Hackney Council.
Page updated: 8 Jan 2014