Bid for properties - Hackney Choice
Hackney Choice is a choice based lettings scheme which gives applicants on the housing waiting/transfer list more choice and control over where they live. It allows applicants to apply for available properties which are advertised, rather than wait to be allocated a home.
To bid for properties you must be on the housing register / transfer list. Find out how you can add yourself to the register.
Properties are advertised in ChoiceHomes magazine and on the East London Lettings Company website. The magazine is available at a number of locations around Hackney including Council offices.
Read the following FAQs for more information:
- Introduction to Hackney Choice
- How to register on the scheme
- How we assess your application
- How to view details of available properties
- How to bid for properties
- Bidding penalties
- How we decide the winning bids
- Affordable rents properties
- Housingmoves scheme
Page updated: 16 Oct 2015