This licence allows shop owners to trade goods and services outside their shop, including everything from fruit and vegetables outside convenience stores, to tables and chairs outside local cafes, bars and restaurants.
Temporary and permanent shop front licence applications are available, however permanent shop front applications are only available for licence streets. Please contact us if you would like a copy of the list of licence streets. You have to hold a temporary licence for 6 months before you can apply for a permanent licence.
Apply for or renew a shop front trading licence
The online application form is temporarily down for maintenance. We are working to get it back up as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can still make a postal application. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- first time temporary shop front licence application form [pdf, 191.17Kb]
- temporary shop front licence renewal form [pdf, 110.05Kb]
- temporary shop front variation request form [pdf, 105.95Kb]
- first time permanent shop front licence application form [pdf, 190.01Kb]
- permanent shop front licence renewal form [pdf, 139.56Kb]
- permanent shop front variation request form [pdf, 105.95Kb]
Post your applications to the address below.
Conditions and fees
- shop front trading tables and chairs regulations [pdf, 194.82Kb]
- shop front fees and charges [pdf, 125.65Kb]
Got a question about Hackney markets or interested in becoming a trader?