Tell us what you think about our site...

Money matters

Direct Payments

If you receive community care services from the Council, you can choose to have cash payments to arrange your own help instead of getting services organised by social services. These payments are called Direct Payments. See Direct Payments

Welfare Benefits advice and income maximisation

If you are in receipt of care services from the Council, we offer you assistance with completing the financial assessment form and with claiming benefits to maximise your income. If you would like a home visit from our Welfare Benefits Officer, please contact the Care Charging Team on 020 8356 4738 or speak with your Care Manager.

Non-residential care services charge

If you receive community care services from Hackney Council, you will be financially assessed to contribute towards the cost of your service. Only those who can afford to pay will be charged. To find out more about Hackney Council's Fairer Charging Policy see Charges for Non-Residential Care Services.

Personal Budgets

A Personal Budget is the amount of money the Council has assessed is necessary to spend in order to meet your eligible social care needs. It enables you to have more choice and control over purchasing and arranging the assistance or services you want. See Personal Budgets

Your Care, Your Way

Adult social care in Hackney is changing and future services will give you more choice and control. This is also known as 'personalisation' and 'self-directed support'. See Your care, your way

Financial arrangements for your stay in a residential or nursing care home

Sometimes living at home is no longer a practical option and moving into residential and nursing care may be the best way forward. The majority of people will have to pay something towards the cost of their stay. To find out more about the financial aspects of residential and nursing can download a guide about financial arrangements (PDF, 335KB).

Financial assessment

For an assessment, please complete and submit the finanical assessment form for residential and nursing care (PDF, 915KB)

Back to top

Page updated: 3 Dec 2013