Problems with commenting on planning applications
We are experiencing technical difficulties recording comments on planning applications. If you submit comments using the online form you will not receive an automated acknowledgement. In the meantime if you would like to comment please email email@example.com, highlighting the application site address and planning reference number in the subject field and your comments in the body of the email. We will register and acknowledge your comments accordingly.
- before submitting a planning application we advise you to contact us for pre-application advice
- see our householder planning application guidance for advice on planning and building processes such as whether your development is permitted development or whether you need to submit a planning application
- for property and planning details enter your postcode into find my nearest
- read our adopted planning policy documents including our residential extensions and alterations SPD
- please see new size limits for larger home extensions
- residential extensions and alterations SPD
- planning arrangements for Hackney Wick
Submit and pay for your planning application
In person or by post
Download and complete an application form and submit it together with your cheque (made payable to London Borough of Hackney), in person or by post to: Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, London E8 1DY.
We will process major applications within 13 weeks, and other applications in eight weeks. Our preferred method of contact is email when notifying customers of their planning applications.
Search for / comment on a planning application
It can take up to five working days for planning documents to appear on the system once the application has been submitted.
Weekly list of applications and decisions
Find my nearest
Enter the postcode into find my nearest to find:
Legislation allowing larger single-storey rear extensions to be built under permitted development rules has been passed. The new size limits will be subject to a neighbour consultation scheme [pdf, 39.25Kb] and you will need to provide us with the information in the householder prior approval notification checklist [pdf, 22.66Kb] .
Planning arrangements for Hackney Wick
The London Legacy Development Corporation is the local planning authority for the area of Hackney Wick east of the A12. All planning applications for this area should be submitted to them.
Community infrastructure levy (CIL)
The government has introduced a new charge called the community infrastructure levy (CIL). Hackney's CIL will be paid by developers to help fund the infrastructure required to support development.