In this section you can find information about how to request a repair for your council home and what timescales you can expect for repairs.
Damp, mould and condensation
Find out how to tackle damp, mould and condensation to avoid damage to your home and your health.
Our DIY repair videos provide tips for home repairs that you can carry out yourself.
You can also find information about planned works that we carry out from time to time to keep our buildings in good condition.
What you can expect from us
Our service standards explain the service you can expect from us when ordering and completing repairs.
Our approach is to:
- provide a one stop shop for maintenance through the repairs contact centre
- provide an emergency repairs service 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- provide all residents with details of council repair policies, including details of the repairs that are the responsibility of the Council and those that are a tenant or leaseholder's responsibility
- provide a friendly and efficient service when you contact the Repairs Contact Centre to report a repair
- we will make an order straight away to the appropriate trade, provide a job number for reference and agree a convenient appointment to do the work
- we will give additional priority to repairs needed by our vulnerable tenants and, when necessary, we will provide extra support when working in their homes. Please refer to our vulnerable tenants repairs policy [pdf, 289.49Kb] for further details
Our service standards:
- we will issue an order the day a repair is reported, unless it is necessary to inspect the job first
- we will reply within ten working days to repairs requested in writing or by email to email@example.com
- we will offer a morning (between 8am and 1pm), afternoon (between 12pm and 4.30pm) or late afternoon (between 4pm and 6pm) Monday - Friday appointment for all non-urgent repairs