Residents who live in parking zones in Hackney are entitled to apply for resident permits. Permits are available for 3, 6 or 12 months.
The fastest and cheapest way to get your resident permit is by using our new online system:
- start your permit today by printing your own temporary permit
- £10 discount for permits bought online
Apply for or renew your permit
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
- you may also be asked to provide a proof of residency and / or vehicle ownership if we cannot confirm your residency and vehicle information automatically. We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents
What happens after you apply?
If you are entitled to a permit and submit everything we need to approve your application, we will deliver your permit within four working days. If your application is not successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Frequently asked questions
- parking permits price list [pdf, 274.35Kb]
- your entitlement to a permit
- how and where to use your permit
- where not to park with this permit
- supporting documents
- lost / damaged stolen permits
- permit refund costs
- change of vehicle or address
Apply or renew by post
Print and complete the resident parking permit application form [pdf, 187.94Kb] and return it to us:
- for a new application, include your supporting documents for proof of address
- to renew your permit, please use your renewal slip and allow at least ten working days before your current permit expires to process your new permit
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.