Hackney carers card
Carers, aged 18 or over, who provide care for a Hackney resident, of any age, can apply for a Hackney carers card. A carer is someone who provides regular, unpaid help to a relative or friend who is frail, disabled or suffers from an illness.
What are the benefits?
Carers will be able to receive discounts on goods in some Hackney retailers and also leisure centres and alternative therapists.
So far, 50 local retailers are participating in the scheme including pharmacies, a florist, cafes and restaurant, the Rio Cinema, opticians, jewellers and many more. You can view the list of shops and leisure centres where you can use the card here (PDF, 730KB).
Carers will be able to receive discounts on the production of their card.
Card holders will be able to take advantage of concessionary rates at participating Hackney leisure centres. Leisure centre staff will register carers as a 'Wellness Member'.
The City and Hackney Carers Centre are processing the Hackney carers card until further notice. Please send your application to the address on the right, or below if viewing on a mobile.
Before you return the form please:
- complete the professional verification box which should be verified by a district nurse, CPN, social worker, care manager, your GP, occupational therapist or voluntary organisation manager
- enclose two passport size photographs
- sign the application form - it needs to be signed by you and the person you care for (if they are able to sign it).
Renew your carers card
To renew your carers card, please:
- complete the carers card renewal form (Word, 39KB) including your issue number on your card
- return the form with two passport photos of yourself with your name on the back please to the above address
Alternatively, you may return your expired card so your photo can be re-used.
Page updated: 3 Feb 2014