Stoke Newington conservation area was designated in 1983 and extends from the Clissold Park conservation area along Church Street and includes substantial parts of the High Street as well as the whole of Abney Park Cemetery.
It is predominantly a commercial area but with some residential uses and contains a number of listed buildings.
The Stoke Newington conservation area was reviewed in 2004, its boundaries were revised and an appraisal produced.
- original designation report, 1983 [pdf, 135.8Kb]
- extension designation report, 1985 [pdf, 36.35Kb]
- cabinet designation report 2004 [pdf, 71.28Kb]
- shopfront design guide [pdf, 1.21Mb]
- Stoke Newington appraisal [pdf, 900.79Kb]
- Stoke Newington map north [pdf, 1.77Mb]
- Stoke Newington map south [pdf, 2.31Mb]
- Hackney Society
- Abney Park