Remember, before you can get married or form a civil partnership, you need to give notice.
Gold Suite and Council Chamber refurbishment
The Gold Suite and Council Chamber are being refurbished and aren't available for ceremonies at the moment. In the meantime, we are offering the newly refurbished Civic Suite - a beautiful wood-panelled room on the first floor of the Town Hall.
Building works in Hackney Town Hall
As part of the renovation works, the Town Hall foyer and its staircases are inaccessible until further notice. You can reach the first floor using the side corridor staircase and the lift.
Ceremonies in Hackney Town Hall Assembly Hall
For information about ceremonies in Hackney Town Hall Assembly Hall, see ceremonies in approved premises.
Ceremonies in the Civic Suite
Weekday ceremonies at Hackney Town Hall are simple, standard ceremonies with no separate interviews, walk-ins, readings or other additions allowed. The maximum capacity is 45 guests.
- the Saturday Civic One ceremony is for up to 45 guests. There's a choice of two ceremony types and up to two readings, a walk-in and the opportunity to bring your own music
- the Saturday Civic Two ceremony is for up to 100 guests. We will send you a ceremony questionnaire and then a personalised ceremony script incorporating your requests
The cost of ceremonies includes the registrars' fee and the room hire for the ceremony slot.
There's limited availability between April and September due to building works.
Fees include £4 for one certificate. Additional certificates are £10 after the ceremony date.
Until 31 March 2017
1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
Thursday Weekday ceremony
Friday Weekday ceremony
Saturday Civic One ceremony
Saturday Civic Two ceremony
How to book
Complete a booking form and email it to email@example.com. We will contact you to confirm availability and to take payment.
- all weekday and Saturday Civic One ceremonies must be paid for in full at the time of booking
- for Saturday Civic Two ceremonies we take a booking fee to reserve the ceremony and you pay the balance at least 28 days before the ceremony
- if your Saturday Civic Two ceremony is in the next 28 days, you pay the full fee to book
- all ceremony fees include a non-refundable booking fee. Fees for cancellations made with less that 21 days' notice are non-refundable
- by making a booking you agree to the terms and conditions of our rescheduling, cancellation and refund policy [pdf, 45.35Kb]
Ceremonies at Hackney Service Centre
There's a working office available in the Hackney Service Centre which we can use for the legal minimum ceremony although it has very limited availability. If you would like to enquire about this office, contact us for advice before you give notice.
There's much wider availability in Hackney Town Hall. The Town Hall rooms are suitable for intimate ceremonies with a handful of guests and larger ceremonies.