Two Ticks Disability Award
Hackney Council is committed to creating an environment which encourages disabled people to seek and maintain employment with us.
Hackney Council has been awarded the Positive about Disability Two Ticks symbol. Job Centre Plus runs the scheme on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions. > Positive about disabled people
The accreditation is awarded to employers who can demonstrate that they meet five commitments relating to the employment of disabled people.
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Ensure a mechanism is in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to ensure that they can develop and use their full abilities
- Make every effort to ensure that when employees become disabled, they stay in employment
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Conduct an annual review on what has been achieved and plan ways to improve on them.
'Positive about Disability' Two Ticks symbol is one of the employment priorities in the Action Plan for our Disability Equality Scheme.
Page updated: 13 Oct 2011