Filming in Hackney
Hackney has a diverse range of backdrops, from the railway arches of Andre Street and Geffrye Street, and the quiet, tree lined Victorian De Beauvoir Town, to the loft conversions and vibrant social centres of Hoxton and Shoreditch.
Please note there will be an administration fee of £65 plus VAT for all applications submitted.
If you book parking dispensations or suspensions you will need to pay in full in the event of a cancellation.
Please note: the film office will be closed from 24 December until 5 January.
Lead times for parking
- Suspensions 8 clear working days
- Dispensations 5 clear working days
Hackney Council prides itself on being film friendly and the popularity of the borough as a filming destination is growing, year on year.
We operate a one stop shop for filming in Council owned locations, and on the public highway in Hackney.
We will provide the following services:
- Help you source your location
- Liaise with relevant Council departments on your behalf
- Liaise with residents where required
- Liaise with local Police
- Attend recces where necessary
- Advise on traffic management issues where necessary
- Facilitate filming on Council owned property
- Facilitate parking
- Organise Council support services, e.g. refuse collection
- Provide an on call service for residents / production when night filming
Page updated: 4 Dec 2014