Young Hackney is our single service for all young people aged 8-19. We aim to help all of Hackney's young people to enjoy their youth and become independent and succesful adults. Our website www.younghackney.org has news, views and events for young people.
- Youth clubs, centres and projects
- Opportunities, support and guidance for young people
- Youth participation - helping young people get involved in their communities
- Youth justice and youth offending
- Resources for professionals
- Understanding the changes to Hackney youth services
- Sport for young people
- What's on in Hackney- includes lots of events for young people
Young Hackney units
Young Hackney staff work in small teams called Young Hackney units. They run activities for young people and offer advice and help support to young people who need it, on subjects like education, employment, housing or health.
Young Hackney units also work on:
- prevention - working with young people who might get involved in antisocial behaviour or crime
- youth justice - working with young people who have been arrested to make sure they do not offend again
- substance misuse
- mental health issues
- helping young victims of crime.
For more information about Young Hackney units, you can contact us using the details at the top-right corner of this page.
Page updated: 14 Feb 2013