The new borough-wide local plan 2033, known as LP33, will be the key strategic planning document used to direct and guide development in the borough up to 2033. Our aim is to make sure that the right amount of development is built in the right place at the right time so that the future needs of the borough are met.
Once adopted LP33 will combine and replace our existing plans - the core strategy, development management local plan and site allocations local plan as well as the area action plans for Dalston, Hackney Central and Manor House.
Current stage - proposed submission
Following extensive consultation we've produced a final draft plan known as the proposed submission local plan 2033.
We consulted on the proposed submission plans from from 19 November 2018 to 5pm on 7 January 2019.
- proposed submission local plan 2033 [pdf, 9.16MB]
- proposed submission policies map [pdf, 5.78MB]
- statement of representations procedure [pdf, 113.4KB]
- statement of fact [pdf, 72.97KB]
- representation form [pdf, 262.41KB]
- representation form [doc, 37.53KB]
Following this consultation, we'll submit the local plan to the Secretary of State for independent examination.
Evidence base and other supporting documents
We have produced and commissioned studies, documents and background evidence which provide information to support LP33.
- consultation statement [pdf, 1.3MB]
- Hackney's local plan viability assessment [pdf, 2.25MB]
- community strategy
Integrated impact assessments
- sustainability appraisal scoping report [pdf, 2.9MB]
- integrated impact assessment of the proposed submission local plan [pdf, 2.32MB]
- employment land study (2017) [pdf, 3.79MB]
- employment land study appendices (2017) [pdf, 26.08MB]
- affordable workspace - note of meeting with providers (2017) [pdf, 231.78KB]
- strategic housing market assessment [pdf, 4.57MB]
- strategic housing market assessment addendum [pdf, 612.43KB]
- Gypsy, Traveller and travelling showpeople accommodation assessment [pdf, 1.47MB]
- Gypsy, Traveller and travelling showpeople accommodation assessment addendum [pdf, 489.82KB]
- town centre and retail study (2017) [pdf, 8.67MB] - technical appendices are available on request
- additional evidence for Hackney Central and Stamford Hill town centre designations [pdf, 221.08KB]
- strategic flood risk assessment [pdf, 2.98MB]
- surface water management plan [pdf, 4.51MB]
- strategic flood risk assessment addendum [pdf, 381.6KB]
Flood risk maps
- figure 1 - flood risk from rivers [pdf, 12.86MB]
- figure 1a - flood risk from rivers [pdf, 15.0MB]
- figure 2 - risk of flooding from surface water [pdf, 1.63MB]
- figure 2a - risk of flooding from surface water [pdf, 755.96KB]
- figure 2b - risk of flooding from surface water [pdf, 2.12MB]
- figure 2c - risk of flooding from surface water [pdf, 2.0MB]
Design and heritage
- Hackney's characterisation study (high-res) [pdf, 312Mb]
- Hackney's characterisation study (low-res) [pdf, 20.9MB]
- proposed archaeological priority areas (2017) [pdf, 1.15MB]
- conservation areas review (2017) [pdf, 1.0MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix A [pdf, 9.2MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix B [pdf, 6.79MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix C [pdf, 6.29MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix D [pdf, 2.16MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix E [pdf, 4.1MB]
- conservation areas review - appendix F [pdf, 62.12KB]
- conservation areas review - appendix G [pdf, 50.7KB]
What happens next?
Following consultation on the proposed submission local plan, the Council will submit the local plan, all comments made and supporting documents to the government in January 2019. It will then be examined by an independent planning inspector. For more details see the local development scheme timetable.
We consulted on a draft local plan (Regulation 18) between October and December 2017.
- draft local plan 2033 (LP33) [pdf, 9.08MB]
- integrated impact assessment [pdf, 2.32MB] - including habitat screening assessment, equality impact assessment and health impact assessment
- housing [pdf, 1.0MB]
- town centres [pdf, 407.07KB]
- Hackney's people [pdf, 327.16KB]
- employment [pdf, 519.48KB]
We consulted on key challenges, issues and opportunities facing the boroughs for various topics, in November 2016:
- meeting Hackney's housing need [pdf, 1.76MB]
- a strong and competitive economy which benefits all [pdf, 2.0MB]
- planning for vibrant town centres [pdf, 1.06MB]
- improving accessibility and promoting sustainable transport [pdf, 962.23KB]
- Hackney's people [pdf, 928.73KB]
- Hackney's green and public spaces [pdf, 959.56KB]
- protecting and enhancing heritage and leading the way in good urban design [pdf, 925.51KB]
- responding to climate change [pdf, 929.8KB]
- direction of travel [pdf]
- summary of the consultation [pdf, 94.49KB]
For more information about LP33, contact us on email@example.com or 020 8356 8084.