A new borough-wide local plan, known as LP33, will be the key strategic planning document to direct and guide development in the borough up to 2033. The plan aims to ensure that the right amount of development is built in the right place at the right time so that the future needs of the borough are met.
Following evidence gathering and initial consultation in late 2016 and early 2017, the Council has now prepared a draft plan for consultation. Comments made on the draft plan will help inform the final version of the plan which is due to be published for consultation in Summer 2018 before it is submitted to the Government for examination. We anticipate that the plan will be adopted late 2018/ early 2019.
Call for sites
As part of the consultation on LP33 we are also undertaking a call for sites. A call for sites provides an opportunity for developers, landowners and other interested parties to put forward sites that they believe are suitable for development for homes, jobs or other uses. You can tell us about sites by completing this form.
The deadline for comments and submission of sites is 4 December.
We have produced and commissioned studies, documents and background evidence which provide information to support LP33.
- employment land study (2017) [pdf, 3.79Mb]
- employment land study appendices (2017) [pdf, 26.08Mb]
- affordable workspace - note of meeting with providers (2017) [pdf, 231.78Kb]
Technical appendices are available on request.
- Hackney's characterisation study (to follow)
- proposed archaeological priority areas (2017) [pdf, 1.15Mb]
- conservation areas review (2017) [pdf, 1.0Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix A [pdf, 9.2Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix B [pdf, 6.79Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix C [pdf, 6.29Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix D [pdf, 2.16Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix E [pdf, 4.1Mb]
- conservation areas review - appendix F [pdf, 62.12Kb]
- conservation areas review - appendix G [pdf, 50.7Kb]
Integrated impact assessments
- sustainability appraisal scoping report [pdf, 2.9Mb]
- integrated impact assessment [pdf, 1.97Mb] - including habitat screening assessment, equality impact assessment and health impact assessment
- housing [pdf, 1.0Mb]
- town centres [pdf, 407.07Kb]
- Hackney's people [pdf, 327.16Kb]
- employment [pdf, 519.48Kb]
Consultation was undertaken in November 2016 on key challenges, issues and opportunities facing the boroughs for various topics:
- meeting Hackney's housing need [pdf, 1.76Mb]
- a strong and competitive economy which benefits all [pdf, 2.0Mb]
- planning for vibrant town centres [pdf, 1.06Mb]
- improving accessibility and promoting sustainable transport [pdf, 962.23Kb]
- Hackney's people [pdf, 928.73Kb]
- Hackney's green and public spaces [pdf, 959.56Kb]
- protecting and enhancing heritage and leading the way in good urban design [pdf, 925.51Kb]
- responding to climate change [pdf, 929.8Kb]
- direction of travel [pdf]
- summary of the consultation [pdf, 94.49Kb]
For more information about LP33, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8356 8084.