Our online catalogue lets you search the catalogue records for the Archive and Local Studies Library collections.
To search our Archives catalogue, please use the National Archives, limit your search to 'Other archives' in the 'Held by' section, then enter 'Hackney Archives department'.
To search the Local Studies Library, please use Advanced search and limit your search to 'Library catalogue'.
- your search can focus on just the Archive, just the Library, or on both collections
- you can choose which collection to search by clicking on the menu option on the left side of the screen
- type the term you wish to find in the relevant box. You only need to fill in one field
- to see descriptions of the menu items, click 'Help' at any time
- some fields have the option 'browse keywords' to their right. Clicking on this will give a list of terms which most closely match the information entered in the adjacent field. This lets you narrow your search and retrieve more specific records, rather than generate a large number of general results
- for Author and Subject searches, the name should be in the "Last name, First name" form
- you can use capitals or lower-case letters in your search - the results will be the same either way
- when searching 'All collections', results from the Archive will be displayed in red, those from the Library in blue
Funding for this project was provided by the Heritage Lottery Fund.