Hackney Carnival will be taking place on Sunday 9 September from 12 noon-8pm.
- Route and times
- Ridley Road entertainment
- Gillett Square entertainment
- Town Hall Square entertainment
- How to apply to take part in the carnival
- How to apply for a stall at the carnival
- Last year's carnival
The procession will travel along Queensbridge Road, Richmond Road, Mare Street, Amhurst Road and Dalston Lane, 1.30-5pm. Further details of the route, times and road closures are to follow.
As well as the procession, there will be:
- a pop-up play area and hula-hoop workshops in Gillett Square from 12 noon-6pm
- the Hackney Playbus and other entertainment in Hackney Town Hall Square from 12 noon-3pm
- Carnival judging in the Town Hall Square from 3-5pm
- sound systems and food stalls in Ridley Road from 12 noon-8pm
- live music in Gillett Square from 12 noon-8pm
Details of the procession participants and their themes are to follow.
Sound systems and stalls will be based in Ridley Road.
A programme of live music will take place in Gillett Square from 12 noon-8pm.
A programme of street arts will take place on Mare Street from 12 noon.
Do you have a talent or performance that could be part of the carnival programme? Applications from creative individuals and groups are welcomed for participation in the carnival procession and the live music and street arts programmes. If you, your group or your school would like to be part of the carnival please complete the application form:
The deadline for applications is 29 June.
- apply for a stall on our market traders page
Details of sponsors are to follow.
The Hackney Carnival took place on Sunday 10 September 2017 with spectacular costumes, energetic dance, sound systems and live music from around the world. More than 23 carnival and community groups joined residents in celebration of Hackney's thriving cultures and outstanding creativity in a procession weaving its way throughout the borough. The carnival also featured play areas in Gillett Square and the Town Hall square, a live stage at Gillett Square and a party at Ridley Road with sound systems, global food, arts and crafts. For further information about last year's carnival, see the Hackney Carnival Facebook page.