The Hackney Carnival returns on Sunday 10 September from 12 noon - 8pm.
Route and times
Join us as the procession dances its way along Queensbridge Road, Richmond Road, Mare Street, Amhurst Road and Dalston Lane between 1.30-5pm.
- route and times [pdf, 497.0Kb]
- list of closures and traffic restrictions, alterations and parking restrictions [pdf, 216.47Kb]
As well as the procession, there's:
- a pop-up play area and hula-hoop workshops in Gillett Square from 12 noon-6pm
- the Hackney Playbus and other entertainment in Hackney Town Hall Square from 12 noon-3pm
- Carnival judging in the Town Hall Square from 3-5pm
- sound systems and food stalls in Ridley Road from 12-8pm
- live music in Gillett Square from 12-8pm
You can also drop-in on one of our arts workshops and make some colourful decorations for the route:
- workshops for families in Dalston Square on Saturdays until 5 August, 1-4pm
- workshops for older residents at St Joseph's Hospice every Thursday morning from 10am-12 noon (call 020 85756058 to book your place)
Please tweet and share your photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #HackneyCarnival.
The Council is working in partnership with Transport for London, Shoreditch Town Hall, Tad restaurant and Global Carnivalz.
Last year's carnival
The Hackney One Carnival took place on Sunday 11 September with spectacular costumes, energetic dance, sound systems and live music from around the world. More than 20 carnival and community groups joined residents in celebration of Hackney's thriving cultures and outstanding creativity in a procession weaving its way throughout the borough. The carnival featured Hackney's best young musicians, an all-day play area in Gillett Square and a party at Ridley Road with global food, arts and crafts.