We have over 30 vacancies this summer which you can now apply for.
Our apprenticeship programme is designed to create quality opportunities at the Council for the local community. All our programmes last at least 12 months and combine work, on and off the job training, and study towards a recognised qualification in a relevant subject. The programme includes a competitive salary, holiday entitlement and a package of support. You'll spend 20% of your time working towards your qualification with a high quality training provider or taking part in training and development activities.
We're looking for candidates with:
- passion and enthusiasm
- good organisational skills
- a demonstrable understanding of the principles of delivering a high quality service to Hackney residents
- ability to form good working relationships with others
- a commitment to undertake a qualification through a structured training programme
To apply for the apprenticeship programme you must:
- be aged 16+ (there's no upper age limit)
- live in Hackney or have been educated in Hackney or have received support from our leaving care service
Current live roles
- delivery apprentice (1)
- data apprentice (2)
- digital apprentice - development (4)
- digital apprentice - digital design (3)
- infrastructure apprentice (2)
- ICT support apprentice (3)
- application support apprentice (3)
- painting and decorating
- multi trade
- gas engineer
- trade adult improver (you must be aged 25+)
- health and safety apprentice
- youth work apprentice
- playwork apprentice
- public health apprentice
- programme management support apprentice
- programme office apprentice (Sport England)
- service user and carer engagement administrator apprentice
Some roles have entry requirements so please read the job descriptions carefully. If you'd like support with your application then please contact our Hackney Works service and book an appointment on 0208 356 5700.
If you have any questions about the apprenticeship programme, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 15 July.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive email notifications about new apprenticeships with Hackney Council, and with other Hackney employers.
Hackney Council apprenticeship programme
We have over 100 apprentices currently employed in areas including finance, housing, IT, youth work, plumbing and electrical. We were named the top public sector employer for school leavers at the 2018 School Leaver Awards, based on feedback provided by our apprentices.