The Council and City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are pleased to launch the Healthier City and Hackney Grant Fund for 2018/19.
This new fund brings together two former grant funds, the CCG Innovation Fund and Hackney Councils Healthier Hackney Fund to provide a scheme to make grants which will help us achieve our joint health and wellbeing aims for communities in the City of London and Hackney.
We are particularly interested in finding new ways of meeting local health needs. Funding is available for projects and services, to increase healthy life expectancy, reduce inequalities and help people access services at the right time.
We are looking for solutions that are aligned with the four key themes of the fund, which have been co-produced with City and Hackney residents and service users.
- integrated services
- confident and informed users
- building independence
- involving and listening to service users
The application process
We ask all applicants to read the following documents:
- Healthier Hackney fund guidance notes [pdf, 934.12Kb]
- guidance on completing the web form [pdf, 347.4Kb]
There will be a two stage process for the Healthy Activities and Healthy Ideas streams as shown below. The outline and timeline for applying is:
- applications open 19 October 2017
- organisations submit a brief expression of interest outlining the premise of their bid - the deadline for this is 12 noon on Friday 24 November 2017
- expressions of interest are shortlisted, and successful groups are invited to present a short pitch to a panel
Stage 2 will be a longer written application form where applicants who pass the pitch phase can provide more information on the project's outcomes, outputs and proposed budgets. A final decision will be based on this application form.
Healthy Next Generation
The Healthy Next Generation stream offers grants of up to £8,000 for groups that want to deliver short-term projects or one off activities focusing on addressing the wider influences of childhood obesity.
For 2018/19 we are interested in grant applications that explore:
- cultural attitudes on being a healthy weight
- what a healthy weight is
- what a healthy weight looks like throughout childhood
This stream is open for applications and the deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 12 January 2018.
The Healthy Activities fund offers grants up to £60,000 to run practical activities addressing a given priority health issue. The four priority issues for the 2018/19 fund are:
- mental wellbeing at times of change
- supporting disabled young people to be physically active
- improving uptake of cancer screening
- helping people to get home from hospital
Healthy Activities is now closed for expressions of interest.
The Healthy Ideas fund offers grants of up to £20,000, to develop and pilot a new approach to tackling a particular priority health issue. This year the priority issues are:
- community-led approaches to multiple health risk
- developing a 'Welcome Hackney Baby' offer
- assistance with outpatient appointments
- end of life care
The deadline for Healthy Ideas expressions of interest has now passed.
As a consequence of the major changes to the fund this year and the inclusion of the Healthy Next Generation fund, the Healthy Neighbourhoods fund will not run for 2018/19. We will review the Healthy Neighbourhoods fund before the launch of next year's programme.
Resources to support your bid
- the Healthier City and Hackney launch event slides provide an overview of the scheme
- if you have any questions about the Healthier Hackney fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hackney CVS, an independent voluntary organisation, are available to provide advice and support to VCS organisations interested in applying, and can also advise on developing any of the policy documents which the Council requires grant applicants to have in place.
Sign up for our newsletter, which includes information about launch dates, priority issue topics, and case studies about current projects.