Community pharmacies have an important role to play in offering health and wellbeing advice and services. Under the Healthy Living Pharmacies scheme, pharmacies are awarded a quality mark of excellence, assuring people using them of their high standards of service and care.
Healthy living pharmacies:
- are identifiable to the public and other healthcare professionals
- actively promote healthy living and wellbeing as a core activity
- seek to improve health and wellbeing in the local area, with the community's health at the centre of all they do
- are accessible and approachable
- are valued and trusted
- have a pharmacist who has undertaken leadership training and leads the pharmacy team in delivering the healthy living pharmacy ethos
- have a health champion who has undertaken health champion training
- consistently deliver a range of contracted and commissioned services of high quality
- maintain their premises to a high professional standard, with private consultation facilities and with appropriate IT availability and accessibility
- work closely with other healthcare providers
How to apply
We're encouraging pharmacies to move up the levels of increasing complexity and expertise, which comprise the tiers of the healthy living pharmacy framework.
To become a Level 1 Healthy Living Pharmacy please apply via the national profession-led self-assessment.
You will be required to indicate that you meet each of the criteria detailed:
City and Hackney Public Health, the LPC and Healthwatch Hackney are in the process of developing a locally managed Level 2 Healthy Living Pharmacy accreditation, focusing on delivery of commissioned services. More information on this will be available shortly.
If you have any questions or require support with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.