Help at home

There are a number of services that we provide for adults and older people in need of care and support at home. 

Home care providers

There are a number of independent agencies providing care that Hackney Council has approved and use depending on the need of the person. See home care providers.

Community Alarm Services (TeleCare)

TeleCare is an alarm service for frail or vulnerable people living in their homes. See community alarm services (TeleCare).

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs)

These grants are available to help with the cost of work required to adapt private homes for occupation by a person with a disability. See disabled facilities grants (DFGs).

Equipment and adaptations to the home

If you have a disability you may be entitled to help with equipment or adaptations for your home. Seeequipment and adaptations to the home.

Keeping warm in winter service

Find out how to stay warm during the cold weather. See keeping warm in winter service.

Help with meals

Learn about the different options for nutritious and affordable meals in Hackney, and how to refer someone for support. See Help with meals.

Renovation grants for owner occupiers and private tenants

The Council offers a range of grants to help with the cost of carrying out essential repairs and improvements in private homes in Hackney. See renovation grants.

Page updated: 23/05/2019 15:05:44