The study area will not be available on Saturday 28 October as there is an event taking place.
Membership is free and anyone can join - you do not have to be a Hackney resident.
Once you've applied, visit any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
What can I find at the library?
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- Children's library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents' and carers' collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- piano practice room
Sign up for our newsletter
Events and activities - what's on in Hackney libraries
Book a computer
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adults: 2 hours, children: 1 hour. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Beginner's sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
How much is printing and scanning?
Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.
Room for hire for meetings and events
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all booking enquiries.
Hall - capacity: 100 seated or standing
- the hall has a raised carpeted stairs at the back of the room that can be used for seating. The main floor is polished. The hall has blackout blinds and wood panelling
- kitchen facilities and appliances: Kettle, fridge, microwave, sink (hot and cold water)
- projector/connections (VGA, HDMI, AV) and stereo audio
- free public wi-fi with library membership card
- please ensure that your equipment is compatible and you are familiar with the operation of the equipment - no technical support or equipment is provided by the library service or staff on site
- no additional services or equipment available other than those listed
- wheelchair access
- stairs with handrails on both sides
- car park
- parking nearby for blue badge holders