Established in 1687, Hoxton is the oldest street market in Hackney. Packed with East End spirit, and just a short stroll from Shoreditch, the market has recently been transformed and now boasts new-look market stalls. The market has played a key role in building a strong local community and economy, showcasing its trader's products and the local retail offer.
We are always on the lookout for talented new traders to join us at Hoxton Street Market, you don't necessarily have to be an experienced market trader to do this. All we're looking for is bags of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and great products to add to the variety already on offer.
We are particularly interested in hearing from those selling unique and original hand-crafted goods and street food.
Benefits for new traders
New applicants are entitled to
- a free trial of a single pitch for 4 consecutive single weekend days or 4 consecutive week days of trading - days must be used within the first month of trading
- a high quality 3m x 3m gazebo for Saturday traders which will be set up and dismantled for you by Hackney's experienced market team - all included in the daily pitch fee at no extra cost
- a low cost pitch fee (currently £27 per day) once you begin trading - our fees are based on a non-profit business model where we only charge traders just enough to cover our operational costs
Email your completed form to: email@example.com
You can also submit your application by post or hand to:
Hoxton Street Market Team
Markets and Street Trading
Unit 2B(ii), Kingsland Shopping Centre
Kingsland High Street
What happens next?
You will be added our waiting list of interested traders. Once we are ready to recruit for your commodity we will ask you to complete an application form and if successful, you will be invited to an informal interview at our Lower Clapton Road office. If your interview is successful, you will be granted a licence to trade and full access to our customer care service and dedicated team to help you get settled in.
Hoxton Street, N1. Located in Shoreditch, off Old Street.
Nearest stations: Hoxton and Haggerston Overground and Old Street Underground Stations.
Buses: Kingsland Road 67, 149, 242, 243 and 394.
- street food, Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 4pm
- general market, Saturday 9am to 4pm
Bank holiday opening
We are not open on public/bank holidays except on Good Friday.
Whether you are on the lookout for traditional market stall commodities, bespoke and hand-crafted goods or interesting and delicious street food, there is something at Hoxton Street Market for everyone.
Public toilets are available on Stanway Street.
Keep up to date with Hoxton Street market by following us on social media
Apply to trade in Hackney's other markets and miscellaneous sites
Find out more about trading in Hackney's other markets or miscellaneous sites.