Traders wanted for Kingsland Market
Kingsland Market - formerly known as Kingsland Waste - will relaunch in July 2018. Staying close to its traditional roots, the market will reopen with a retro/vintage identity, offering a range of goods from antiques to second hand bargains.
We're now taking applications for the relaunch of Kingsland Market. If you are interested in joining us, please submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11 May or call 020 8356 8288 for more information.
There are over 600 pitches in the 6 markets with market inspectors in each to provide guidance and support to new and existing traders.
We are always looking for new traders to join us across our markets
You don't need to be an experienced market trader to work on a Hackney market, all we ask is that you have bags of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a fantastic product.
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com or complete and submit an application form:
- application form temporary street trading licence [pdf, 312.55Kb]
- find out more applying for a new street / market trading licence
Please be advised that the market of your choice may be at full capacity or may be oversubscribed for your commodity. In this case we are happy to direct you towards an alternative market or you will be added to our waiting list and your application considered should a vacancy arise.
Apply or renew
- renew street / market or shop front trading licence
- apply for a new street / market trading licence
- apply for a new shop front trading licence
- fees and charges
- list of commodities [pdf, 629.81Kb]
- Ridley Road market commodity regulations [pdf, 343.41Kb]
- street trading licence terms and conditions [pdf, 2.17Mb]
Please note: No markets open/operate on public/bank holidays except on Good Friday.
Hackney One Carnival traders wanted
We will be providing a limited number of pitches in Ridley Road for traders on the day of the Hackney One Carnival, taking place on Sunday 9 September 2018. All applications will be screened to ensure that our criteria is met and successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
The deadline to submit this application is: 27 July 2018.
The pitch fees are as follows:
- £250 for hot food
- £150 for any other commodities
What Hackney has to offer
- our charges are below the London average
- our markets are in key shopping areas: Dalston, Shoreditch, London Fields and Hackney Central
- Hackney has a diverse population with a wide range of shopping needs and interests, so you're bound to find a customer base to suit you
- we are investing in the environment, management and promotion of our markets, and in 2010 funded over £1m of improvement works in Ridley Road
- we are committed to the long term sustainability of markets: we believe they are a vital part of our local economy and communities
Before you apply to trade in Hackney we advise you to:
- find out about all 6 of our markets. You are welcome to ask a market officer about the opportunities available and plans for each market
- check the suitability of the market
- visit the market to see if the commodity you intend to sell is widely available or not
- talk to an existing market trader and market officer to get a feel for the way we work
Hackney markets surveys 2017
In 2017, the Council commissioned The Retail Group to survey local residents, business owners and traders about their respective markets. The data collected from these surveys will be used to inform the individual business development plans for each market.
- Broadway market traders, business and resident surveys [pdf, 1.43Mb]
- Chatsworth Road market traders, business and resident surveys [pdf, 1.17Mb]
- Kingsland Waste business and resident surveys [pdf, 571.02Kb]
- Hoxton Street market traders, business and resident surveys [pdf, 1.22Mb]
- Ridley Road market traders, business and resident surveys [pdf, 1.41Mb]
- Well Street business and resident surveys [pdf, 945.4Kb]