Solo motorcycles (i.e. two wheeled motorcycles) and mopeds can park for free outside of zone B in:
- resident permit bays
- business permit bays
- shared use bays (combined pay and display and permit holders)
- general permit bays
You don't need to buy a permit or voucher to park in these bays.
Two-wheeled motorcycles or mopeds must not park:
- in pay and display only bays without a valid phone parking session or displaying a valid pay and display ticket
- in any bays dedicated for the use of disabled people, car clubs, doctors or emergency services
Please also park:
- at ninety degrees to the kerb; and
- at one end of the bay, so permit holders can also park in that bay
There are also a number of two-wheeled motorcycle-only bays located in areas of high demand. To see maps showing the locations of these bays please see parking zones.
Motorcycle parking in zone B
Two-wheeled motorcycles are no longer permitted to park in any parking bays other than in dedicated motorcycle bays within Zone B.
Can other vehicles park in designated solo motorcycle bays?
The signs on the road identify the times during which the bays are reserved for two-wheeled motorcycles only. During these times no other vehicles can park in the bays. Outside of these times other vehicles are permitted to park.
What if my motorcycle is too big for the bay?
If a two-wheeled motorcycle is longer than the width of the bay we ask owners to park it as near to a right angle to the kerb as possible.
Does the Council provide lockable motorcycle bays?
The Council provides lockable motorcycle bays in areas of high demand, including: Clifton Street, Leonard Street and Hoxton Square (Zone B), Hoxton Street (Zone F) and Downham Road (Zone H).