Northwold and Cazenove conservation area was designated on 15 September 2010.
Almost all of the Northwold and Cazenove conservation area was built in a thirty year period between 1865 and 1895 on land owned by the Tyssen-Amhurst family.
It is an excellent example of a late-Victorian residential estate built under the strict control of the ground landlord.
Different builders were responsible for specific terraces or streets which resulted in a variety of different house types and designs, but with a uniformity that gives the whole area a distinct character and integrity.
The almost universal building material is buff London stock brick, with painted architectural embellishments such as window architraves, cills, string courses, and eaves cornices and painted moulded capitals.