If you are a blue badge holder with no access to off street parking, you may be able to get a disabled parking bay installed outside your home or within a residential car park. Disabled parking bays can be used by any blue badge holder.
If you hold a valid blue badge you can apply for a companion badge. The companion badge is free and provides additional security against the possibility of blue badge theft. If you live in a parking zone you can use the companion badge to park in your home residential parking bays.
For any advice about disabled bays, email firstname.lastname@example.org call 020 8356 8328.
Apply for a disabled bay
Print the application form, complete it and send it to the address on the form. Please check that you meet the eligibility criteria. Due to the legal process we have to follow, it can take a minimum of three months to install a bay. We have to advertise the proposed changes and give people a chance to object.
Claim an existing disabled bay
If a disabled bay isn't being used, we may remove it. If you are a blue badge holder and you meet the eligibility criteria you can have an unused bay registered in your name. Print the new user request form, complete it and send it to the address on the form.
1. The car must be registered at your address.
2. The applicant must be the main driver of the vehicle, however:
- we will accept applications received on behalf of dependents under the age of 18, if they hold a valid blue badge and live at the same address that the vehicle is registered to
- we will accept applications received on behalf of a passenger over the age of 18, only if they hold a valid blue badge and require a specifically adapted vehicle. Please note: the passenger must live at the same address that the adapted vehicle is registered to
3. You must not have off-street parking available.
4. You must live on a public street or an estate managed by the Council.
You must also:
5. Hold a blue badge.
If you hold a blue badge and meet points 1-4, you can progress to the next stage of the application where we'll assess your mobility. If you don't hold a blue badge, your application will be declined.