Town Hall Square conservation area was designated in 1995, and links Mare Street conservation area with Clapton Square conservation area to the north. It includes the listed Town Hall and Hackney Empire, as well as a number of other historic buildings of note, such as the old Central Hall and Library.
- designation committee report 1995· [pdf, 63.32Kb]
- designation appraisal 1995 [pdf, 417.95Kb]
- conservation area appraisal (part 1) 2000 [pdf, 1.46Mb]
- conservation area appraisal (part 2) 2000 [pdf, 1.64Mb]
- shopfront design guide [pdf, 1.21Mb]
- Town Hall Square conservation area map [pdf, 394.89Kb]
- Hackney Society