Trading in Hackney's parks

We get many enquiries from people wishing to trade in Hackney's parks - businesses often want to sell ice cream, coffee or other refreshments. Due to the high demand from traders, we are unable to grant licences to everybody. This page answers any queries you may have about trading in our parks.

Do I need a licence to trade?

In the past, individual traders may have been granted licences. Because of the high demand from traders, we are no longer able to grant licences to everyone who wants to trade.

How do I get permission to trade?

To enable all traders to have a fair opportunity to trade in our parks, any opportunity will be advertised and open to competition. If you apply and are successful, you would sign a contract with the Council.

How do I know when opportunities are available?

We are unable to contact individual traders. You will need to check this page regularly for any opportunities.

Where will opportunities be advertised?

Opportunities will be advertised on this page, our tenders and contracts page and in Hackney Today.

Can I apply to trade at events?

Most events in Hackney are put on by third party organisations, and you will need to contact them directly if you wish to trade at their events. You can see what events are coming up in Hackney by looking at the what's on guide.

Putting on events

If you wish to run an event in one of Hackney's parks, please visit the park events page. 

Running commercial activities

If you wish to run a course or offer a service in a park, you may be required to obtain a licence.

We will need to know what you want to do, where you want to do it and when you want to do it. You will be asked for evidence of qualifications and experience in running such a service. 

Email to arrange this. Find out more about licensing.

Page updated: 15/11/2018 14:46:30