Permits are now e-permits
Businesses based in Hackney can apply for a business permit for vehicles that are essential to the running of the business.
Paper permit holders should continue to display their permit until it expires.
If you're applying for a change of vehicle or address related to your permit, an e-permit will be issued.
It's quicker and easier to get your car covered with e-permits:
- start your permit today with no need to display anything in your vehicle
- civil enforcement officers can check your permit is valid using your vehicle registration number
The easiest, fastest and cheapest way to renew your permit is online.
Apply for a business permit
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number (for up to three vehicles)
- a debit or credit card
- to provide proof of your business (corporate tax, VAT return or your non-domestic rates bill). We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents
What happens after you apply?
If you are entitled to apply for a business permit and submit everything we need to approve your application, we will deliver your permit within 2 working days. If your application is not successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Frequently asked questions
- parking permits price list [pdf, 262.03KB]
- your entitlement to a permit
- how and where to use your permit
- where not to park with this permit
- supporting documents
- lost / damaged / stolen permits
- permit refund costs
- change of vehicle or address
Apply by post
Print and complete the business parking permit application form [pdf, 26.67KB] and return it to us:
- for a new application, include your supporting documents for proof of business address
- to renew your permit, please allow at least 10 working days for your permit to be processed and sent out to you
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.