Available to all blue badge holders who live and park in Hackney, the companion badge is free and provides additional security against the possibility of blue badge theft. If you live in a controlled parking zone, using your companion badge, you can also park in your home residential parking bays.
Apply for a companion badge
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
- to provide proof of your blue badge, both front and back.
- you may also be asked to provide a proof of residency if we cannot confirm your residency automatically. We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents
What happen after you apply?
Once your application has been approved, we will deliver your permit within 2 working days. If your application is not successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Frequently asked questions
- parking permits price list [pdf, 63.66Kb]
- your entitlement to a companion badge
- how and where to use your companion badge
- where not to park with your companion badge
- supporting documents
- lost / damaged / stolen permits
- change of vehicle or address
Apply by post
Print and complete the companion badge application form [doc, 90Kb] and return it to us.
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.