Have your say on blue badge parking in Hackney
Following requests from resident blue badge holders, we are proposing to introduce personalised disabled bays in Hackney and amend the current companion badge parking permissions. The aim is to:
- better protect disabled parking for residents who most need it
- make parking for other blue badge holders simpler to understand
The consultation ends Monday 5 November.
Companion badges are now e-badges
Available to all blue badge holders who live and park in Hackney, the companion badge is free and provides additional security against the possibility of blue badge theft. If you live in a controlled parking zone, using your companion badge, you can also park in your home residential parking bays.
Companion badges are now electronic, which means that we are no longer issuing paper badges to display in your vehicle. Civil enforcement officers can tell if an e-badge is valid by entering your vehicle registration number into their hand held device.
Paper badge holders should continue to display their badge until it expires.
If you are applying for a change of vehicle or address to your companion badge, an e-badge will be issued.
It's quicker and easier to get your car covered with e-badges. Apply for an e-badge today and you will not need to display anything in your vehicle.
Apply for a companion badge
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number
- a debit or credit card
- to provide proof of your blue badge, both front and back.
- you may also be asked to provide a proof of residency if we can't confirm your residency automatically. We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents
What happen after you apply?
Once your application has been approved, your badge will become active from the date selected in your application. If your application isn't successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Frequently asked questions
- parking permits price list 2018-19 [pdf, 262.02Kb]
- your entitlement to a companion badge
- how and where to use your companion badge
- where not to park with your companion badge
- supporting documents
- lost / damaged / stolen permits
- change of vehicle or address
Apply by post
Print and complete the companion badge application form [pdf, 197.59Kb] and return it to us.
We can only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.